Another year of our Leader Led Be the Change Conference has come and gone and I now sit and reflect on the event. I love reflecting once it is over so that I can determine what I most want to take away from it for the upcoming year.
My favorite moments
Aside from my take aways, I have so many favorite moments. Mine often include my experience with the hotel property because for many years I also worked for that company and the time with them served me well. A few of my fave overall moments include:
- The moment I walk in the front doors and feel like I’m at my home away from home.
- Having staff members that know we are coming and are excited to see us arrive.
- Walking in to my guest-room and taking in the familiar surrounding for a few moments.
- Standing in the lobby bar area, waiting for others to come walking through those front doors that I get to spend the next couple of days with!
- The hugs from friends, old and new.
- The laughter. The reminiscing. The chatter about what is to come.
- Playing JT’s song as we kick off the first moments of the meeting! Everyone standing, smiling, some even dancing!
- Learning. We have so much to share and everyone is so willing to do so.
- Our evening activity. This seems to get better and better with each year. We learn so much about one another and the bonds grow!
- And finally, the heartfelt messages and comments from the attendees that also learned, were inspired, or made a new friend or two and are grateful for taking the time to come and invest in themselves!
This was our 5th year! For someone who wasn’t sure the first one would even be attended, this is very exciting! Each year we have a several from the previous year attend, along with a few new attendees too. So each year I personally get to see these precious people, and get to know new people too. I cherish this time with each of them.
What I learned this year
Every year I leave with a lot more knowledge and ideas than I came in with. This year was no exception! Our speakers were once again amazing. The details they shared will definitely help to incorporate some of the things I will do in my daily/weekly business. The mindset, breaking out of our comfort zones, trying new things…always good to work on this!
Learning about a Scent Club was awesome…the detail was incredible! So many attendees talking about starting or enhancing theirs! It can be game changing!
So much value given about Long Term Success.
It’s about the people
Though the training was incredible and I’m so grateful for it, as I reflect, my mind goes back to the people again.
The people make this business fun. The relationships keep me going if I’m having a rough day. The smiles, the love, the way we support and lift one another up. THAT is my favorite take away.
These are the faces that started off my year on the right foot! Precious Precious People. I’m ready to make 2022 a fabulous year!
Cheers to a wonderful year! XOXO