Today I’m just going to jump right in and share different ways to work your business. Especially in the Direct Sales model, there are SO many ways these days. The great thing about this is that you can pick and choose what works best for you! I love that there is not just one way of doing things. I’ve broken it down in to simple things, but the beauty here is that you can expand and be as creative as you wish, in any way that suits you the best!
Driving people to your website
This is something we want to always be thinking about and doing. The more people you can drive to your website, the more potential for sales you will have. The best thing in this case is just to share that website every chance you have. Have business cards handy to give out. Brand yourself by wearing something that will show your company so that the conversation is easily started. (shirt, pin, etc). You can even make a sign for your car! A few other ways to get your name (and website) out there are:
- Share samples
- Use products as gifts (Holidays, birthdays, special occasions)
- Donate product for fundraisers
When trying to drive people to your website, social media posts can make a big impact. You will want to be posting regularly on your different social media platforms, and making sure your website information is easy to find. There’s an entirely separate blog I can write about what to post and when, but just know it all matters, and you want to be consistent! Have a Social Media Calendar. It will be well worth having!
Using Social Media
During the Lockdown over the past year, we have all learned to be online more. Whether you are doing online parties, sharing your business in a Zoom call, or playing games online, there are so many great and creative ways you can promote your business and your products on social media. In Pink Zebra, we have people that have shared and taught how they have been bringing in big sales over this past year. A few ideas here are:
- Online Party using graphics
- Online Party using some graphics and going live
- Mystery Hostess party
- Playing games/Entertaining
We have seen a lot of success in entertaining people by having games. Whether you call it Punch Cups or Surprise Bundles, interacting and providing some entertainment with your customers can be quite successful! Especially for those still experiencing lockdown, it gives them a definite out and something fun to do! I’m going to be taking the Punch Cup idea and tweaking it a bit myself this week and will be happy to share how that turns out! The key here is to keep them entertained and coming back for more!
Face to Face
I’m extremely thankful for face to face interactions again. Here we can have small gatherings, and it shows that people have been hungry for this as people are trying to get together a little bit here and there, more and more. Networking groups have started meeting in person again, and people are even having parties! I’ve been doing both the last couple of months and am so happy!
Events are also coming back! Because I’m an ‘in-person’ kind of person and love for people to be able to smell our fragrances, I’m very excited about the parties and events coming back!
If you have your products in use in your own home (and I sure hope you do!), invite people over to smell and see from time to time! You can do an Open House if you’d like, but anytime someone wants to stop by or even drop something off, I invite them in because I have my home decorated using many PZ products! Accent Shades, woolies, all of it! And of course my home always smells good, so they notice that first thing! Get them to smell and see, and they will want!
- Create Bundles for your customers
- Doing videos with themes (I.e. My Scent Saturday, I create a quick video that I can post of what I’m mixing or using that day)
- Other theme days such as “Throw back Thursday” where you share a favorite product from the past
- Do drawings – for example I do a drawing from time to time on my social media pages where they get a point for each comment and share, and those points go in to a drawing for a free item
- Party On the Go – still an excellent way to share and let someone take your bag and share it with their friends and/or coworkers for anyone back working in an office!
- Whether online or in person, HOST YOUR OWN VIP EVENT for your customers! You can also do this with a Blend Bash!! I love this option because they can mix the scents, or if online, you can mix for them!
In truth, there are SO many ways that one can work this business! So don’t ever feel like you have to do one thing. Maybe try a few different ways and just see what you enjoy the most and have the most success with! If it works for you, then DO it! It’s the beauty of having your OWN business! If you’d like to share what you are doing, I’d love to hear!
Cheers and have fun!